Today, there are already many life sciences activities at Health Campus Limburg. Among other things, there are research organizations specialized in biomedical research, rehabilitation sciences and data science. In addition, Bioville is the dynamic center for healthcare activities on the Campus. In the years to come, Health Campus Limburg will emphasize the development of Campus Diepenbeek as a hotspot for life sciences even more.
In 2023, the construction of the Campus’ inspiration and innovation hub will start. Interaction between business, knowledge institutions and healthcare are key. Shared facilities, including rooms for training, rooms for research and collaboration and meeting places such as a restaurant, are the core of this meeting hub.
At the same time, we are developing 15.000m² of business space, consisting of both office space and specialized labs. We respond to your companies needs, going from meeting rooms to cleanrooms, as much as possible through a modular approach.
All this will take place in a renewed Campus environment, which will be easily accessible, green and pleasant to work and study. In this way, the Health Campus will also become a Healthy Campus.
Focus of Health Campus Limburg
Support important processes and transitions in the healthcare system
The activities of Health Campus Limburg support important processes and transitions in the healthcare system. We have selected several main domains, to which we will commit ourselves.
The Campus focuses its activities on two domains:
- Supporting projects which strengthen collaboration between healthcare, knowledge institutions, governments and business.
- Attract and support businesses and research in life sciences. The Health Campus welcomes startups as well as mature companies. Close contacts between the Campus and knowledge institutions enable the use of the talent pool for businesses and research. Health Campus Limburg aims to strengthen the (health)economy in Limburg. As such, our province is on its way to become a leading healthcare lab for the Euregion.
Detected focus domains which Health Campus Limburg will concentrate on:
- Development and implementation of digital and data driven care and care applications from prevention to revalidation;
- Support research and development of patient centered health and life sciences;
- Development of digital and personalized medication, such as Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products via (pre)clinical research, product development, production and distribution;
- Align healthcare offerings with particular attention to strengthening primary care;
- Evolve towards a more integrated care and rehabilitation, across healthcare disciplines and hospital walls, supported by health promotion and health skills;
- Stimulate health economics.